If betting on sporting events is your passion, you have probably heard of SportPesa before. It’s one of the most famous wagering platforms in Kenya, and many locals claim that they consider this bookmaker the main one when it comes to satisfying betting experiences and the quickness of payment transactions. While millions of Kenyan punters are already wagering on SportPesa, newcomers and some more seasoned bettors are only getting started with this sportsbook. That is exactly the goal of this guide: to inform you how to get the app on your phone and get going without any trouble. Let’s get underway!
App’s Technical Requirements
The current available version of the mobile app is compatible exclusively with Android-based devices. It means if you have an iOS gadget, you won’t be able to install it. Nevertheless, you’re still more than welcome to place wagers on the SportPesa lite version of the site. The desktop app for a PC or laptop has not been released yet, but we’re hoping to see this version of the app and the iOS one in the near future.
Here are the requirements for the Android app:
- Operational system Android 4.1.1 or higher
- At least 10 MB of a free storage space
And that’s it. The application itself is quite intuitive and could never be described as tricky or unoptimized for use on the go. Please note that the app is entirely free to download and use. If anybody wants you to pay for the app, immediately close the website and navigate to the official SportPesa page.
How to Download the Latest SportPesa App
The SportPesa App is open to download exclusively on the official website of the company. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the SportPesa official page.
- Tap on the “Sports App.”
- Hit the blue “Download Now” button.
- Ensure that your gadget permits downloading and installing software from unknown sources. SportPesa is the official risk-free application with no viruses.
- Activate the APK and finish the installation.
Once set up is over, you’re able to create an account or start betting right away if you already have one. The Sports App webpage has a link to a “Quick User Guide” article by SportPesa. There you can learn the most common actions on the app with screenshots and detailed descriptions. It won’t be entirely necessary though, since the app itself is quite straightforward, and if you’ve ever tried placing bets, the SportPesa app won’t make you confused.
Registering on the SportPesa Application
Signing up with SportPesa won’t steal much of your precious time. In fact, it can be done within 2 minutes. The registration consists of two simple steps. Just do as follows:
- Step #1: Create an account
- Launch the SportPesa app.
- Hit “Register Now”.
- Fill in your contact phone number
- Come up with a password considering the given recommendations.
- Agree to the T&C and confirm your age by checking the box.
- Press the blue “Get Registration Code” button.
- Step #2: Verify your account
- Specify the registration code that was sent to you via SMS on a given phone number.
- Hit the “Complete” button.
- Congrats! You’re the owner of a SportPesa account now!
As you can see, signing up is pretty easy when you know which button to click on. Remember that all the missing details in the account tab should be filled out because the company is obliged to completely verify your identity before letting you take any money out. Thus, the sportsbook has a lawful right to ask you for your ID or passport. Also note that only people aged 18 and older are allowed to create an account. If you cannot prove your age, your account will be permanently suspended and the funds will be forfeited.
How to Deposit Funds on SportPesa
- Launch the SportPesa app.
- Ensure you’re logged in.
- In “My Account” menu select “Deposit”
- Select the payout methods among the suggested ones.
- Enter the sum and confirm the deposit.
If you have any difficulties making a deposit, please contact SportPesa customer care. They will try their utmost to solve your problem and present you with the finest solution available.
Payment Options on SportPesa
You may deposit and withdraw money in a variety of ways by utilizing bank cards.
The Difference Between a Website, a Mobile Website and a Mobile App
Ultimately, the largest difference between these three options is the interface. Each of them is fully optimized for the conditions where they will be used. A website, as a main platform, is designed for access via laptops and computers, so the sizing is adapted to the average screen diagonal. Additionally, it’s full of flashy juice banners and buttons because the PC use implies a stable internet connection.
A mobile website is a lite version of the main website. It’s optimized for use on mobile phones of any size. The page will be automatically adapted to your device. It doesn’t get bugged or frozen since all unnecessary details were cut off, and even a bad online connection can guarantee you a stable experience.
A mobile application, in its turn, is fully designed for use on Android devices. It adapts as much as possible to the size of your screen and will allow you to bet on sports without any distractions. A special SportPesa icon will be located on the desktop of your device, with which you can launch the application in the blink of an eye.
Pros and Cons of SportPesa Application
We can’t really get away without telling you the pros and cons of the SportPesa app. Although some of them have already been named above, let’s structure them once again:
- Entirely free to download and use
- Pre-match and in-game wagers
- Original and convenient interface that won’t get you stuck at the dead end
- All services available on the website are offered on the app
- Low technical requirements
- Does not overload your device even after a continuous uptime
- Does not consume heaps of internet traffic
- An additional way to contact staff 24/7
- No iOS compatible version
- No desktop PC version
- Cannot be downloaded directly from the Play Store
- The customer care staff slowly reacts to chat inquiries
SportPesa has a playerbase of almost one and a half million punters across Kenya, and that’s for a reason. The website is a marvelous place for placing stakes, and the mobile app keeps up with the times. You have the possibility to pick the most convenient way for you to bet, and it’s always good to have an option rather than being restricted to sitting in front of a PC only. We hope that we have covered all the details regarding downloading the app and getting started with SportPesa. In case you still have some questions, check out the FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I access SportPesa?
There are three ways to access SportPesa: a web platform, a mobile version of the website, and a mobile application for Android devices.
- How much does the app cost?
It’s entirely free with zero cost.
- Am I allowed to create an account if I’m about to turn 18?
No, only punters aged 18 and older are eligible to sign up for an account on SportPesa.
- How do I reset a password?
Use the “Forgot Your Password?” button on the main page of the website or on the mobile app.
- How much time does it take for money to reach my account after a withdrawal?
Normally, it happens instantly. In rare cases, usually caused by the banking side, it takes up to 36 hours.
- How can I verify my identity?
You should do this only when requested by the bookmaker. They will contact you and ask you to provide your ID or passport. All you have to do on your side is fill out the required details in account settings.
- Am I allowed to place a wager on a game that has started?
Yes, it’s called “live betting” or “in-game wagering.” You can do it on both the website and the app.
- Why can’t I find the app in the App Store?
There’s no iOS version of the app in Kenya. You can still access the platform with default browsers like Safari.